Friday, July 4, 2014

Exploring Chinatown Chicago

As a native Chicagoan, I felt ashamed that I hadn't really explored Chinatown.  Sure I've eaten at restaurants there, but really walking the neighborhood and seeing what it has to offer is something I've been meaning to do for a very long time.  So last Saturday, I finally got a chance to explore a bit with a friend.  


This bi-level area is called Chinatown Square, which is like a one stop shop for this community.   

Just some of the things you will find in the plaza are; specialty groceries, bakeries, hair salon, gifts, tea shops, and a plethora of restaurants to choose from. 
 I found the best candy in this shop!



I love my sweets!  Here are the goodies I bought.  Nothing like trying something new and actually enjoying it. 




I even found my families shop!  But seriously, peeking inside and reading the restaurant menu, this is actually a restaurant that I want to go back and try.  Once I do, I'll be sure to report back for the blog. 
If you are ever in Chicago, make sure you take some time to explore Chinatown, you will not be disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting tour! Great photos. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sing, I've been here once, and enjoyed my time there as well. I love your pics and thanks so much for sharing. How awesome is the beauty salon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I've never walked around there either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. My boyfriend is from Chicago and I have a few cousins living out there as well. These pictures reminded me that I need to take a trip soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...