Friday, February 1, 2013

Quick Easy Art Update

I was inspired by a recent house tour on Apartment Therapy where the homeowner framed playbills and I thought, I can do that.  I love the stage and Broadway and what a great way to showcase that passion and hobby.
I used an existing frame and several playbills I collected over the years from Chicago and New York shows.   Using left over gift wrap as a backdrop from the dollar section of Target, (don't you just love that section) I taped it to the existing board.  I then selected my favorite show playbills, laid them out on the board, and then taped them.  A quick easy art update.

Frame Before
Playbills After 
From Left to Right and Top to Bottom:
Riverdance, Aida, The Lion King, Def Poetry Jam, Phantom of The Opera, Ain't Misbehavin', A Raisin In The Sun, The Color Purple, Fences, Dreamgirls, In The Heights, Romeo & Juliet

8 comments:

  1. great idea...do mind if i pin it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bam bam...and you know it...Great idea...perfect execution. I love when people see something they want and make it happen...have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dear, i love your style and i love your blog ..i was wondering do you want to follow each other?
    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the turnout... Great idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea! Even better that you were able to see each of those shows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, glad you like the art idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...