Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Weekend In Pics

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a nice long weekend.
On Friday afternoon I took my nephew to his first Cubs game...
...And he hustled for a foul ball!  By the way, he loved his big boy's room and has been keeping it clean.   

I find  baking to be so relaxing, not to mention fattening.   I made a peach cobbler with lots of crust.  And you can't forget the vanilla ice cream.
I also like to experiment with cooking.  After trying some really great caprese empanadas at the Randolph St. Market, I decided to recreate the dish myself.  I topped some pie crust with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and baked it for less than 15 minutes.  Easy, quick, and tasty dish.  Next time I want to try it with puff pastry.
Snapped this photo of my outfit before I went out Saturday night (don't mind my flip flop). 
I carried this colorful printed clutch from Dots.

10 comments:

  1. OMG my absolute favorite is peach cobbler and this looks sooo good. Once my fast is over, this is first on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgggggg that food just made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww you're such a great aunt-love your tribal clutch

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you and your nephew...what a great memory for both of you. Hey I want an empanada! looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just randomly came across your blog. LOVE IT! Will add to my favorites & visit again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...