Monday, March 26, 2012

Hang It Up

Curtain rods and towel racks don't have to be just for their traditional uses.  I know I have a long curtain rod still in the package from Ikea that I'm not currently using. 
Here are some ideas on what you can use them for:

This wire curtain system is a great way to clip pictures, postcards, and anything else you can think of for a creative wall art display.  Why not show off your child's art in any room in the house?
Tie all of your favorite scarves around a simple curtain rod and hang it up.  Very colorful. 
Lacking closet space and floor space?  Why not hang extra clothing on a curtain rod attached to the wall for extra storage.
If you are like me and have a ton of necklaces, try hanging them from a rod attached to the wall.  Makes for great visual storage.
How about a towel rack as a catch all for random items when you come home? Don't have a dress form?  Why not envision your next outfit displayed this way?
(All photos from random blogs and apartment therapy.com)

What do you think?  Are you willing to try a curtain rod or towel rack in a different way?

20 comments:

  1. OMGGGGGGGGG this is an awesome idea!! I would have never thought of this!!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! you did a great job!

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah...the scarf on a curtain rod is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea. I never would've thougt of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such great Ideas! Love your table and chairs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of these are pictures of my home although that is a nice dining set.

      Delete
  6. Wow, this is such an amazing idea..it's super cool & creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to have to adopt this into my house. I have been looking for something to go my wall opposite my bed and this would definitely kill two birds with one stone

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea! Love the scarfs hanging :)

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! what an out-of-the-box way to use a rod!!!!! I would love to incorporate one in my home for storage, that scarf one is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need the rods for my room, I'm going to start redecorating soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, thanks for posting this:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG This is amazing I love this D.I.Y idea i am so going to do this <3 thanks for sharing x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great idea, I might have to use this.

    www.beautejadore.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your welcome everyone, glad this was helpful and it provided you with some good ideas. I'll post a picture if I ever do one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really cool! I can see hanging all of my daughter's cute artwork on this by some sort of clip attachments! Love it! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such excellent and creative ideas;-)
    Must bear them in mind for future use.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...