Monday, February 27, 2012

Foodie Love - Hub 51

Last week was Chicago Restaurant Week.  So on Saturday a couple of friends and I headed to Hub 51, an Asian-Mexican fusion restaurant. 
Fringe Sweater - Nordstrom Rack
Jeans - Old Navy
b.o.c. Boots - DSW
Beret - Ragstock  
Mac Lipstick - Rebel
Hub 51 is located in Chicago's River North neighborhood.  A touristy area full of restaurants and bars. 
The inside is industrial and cool with exposed heating ducts, stone walls, dark drapery, and low lighting. 


Funny enough, we all decided to forgo the Restaurant Week $33 menu and order ala carte. 
Started with my favorite Blue Moon beer. 
From 3 - 6 p.m. every day, they have half price sushi, so we wanted to take advantage of that.
A Thai Basil Roll and Shrimp & Crab Roll were pretty good.
 
My friend's order of Fish Taco's, which I tasted and the mahi mahi fish was excellent.  I'm getting this next time. 
My other friend's rubbed ribs which she said were tasty as well. 
And then I ordered the pulled chicken nachos, which I was warned would be huge.  And even though we shared it, so much was still left over. 
And here are me and my girls.  

Notice anything?  I changed my jewelery (put on hoops and removed the necklaces) right before I left and put a butterfly pin on the hat. 

14 comments:

  1. You looked beautiful. The food and the restaurant's atmosphere looks so good. Love sushi. Will definitely try this when I am in town. Bookmarked!

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Chicago's good!! This will deinitely be on my to eat list lolllll
      www.style4curves.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Mmmm Looks like fun, with some good food and a cool restaurant with some good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stylish as always! OMG!!!! The food looks amazing. I am hungry just looking at this. When I visit Chicago again I need to try this place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your style and the bright lipstick.. ! .. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos seems like you guys had an amazing time and the food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luv that lippie color on you and that necklace is great <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top is too cute, and the food, of course, looks amazing.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebel is my next lipstick purchase. : ) YOu look great and now my month is watering..that food looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok well, I love that fringe sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fringe sweater is the BUSINESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!

    7eventh Letter
    http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...