Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Taste of Chicago

A true Summer staple in Chicago is the Taste of Chicago, which is going on right now.
 I look forward to going every summer and tasting something new.

After work Tuesday, armed with my discount tickets, I headed over.  I started off with a taste explosion at Bobak's, a mini chicken sausage with sauerkraut and onions topped with a raspberry chipotle sauce. 
 This turned out to be my new favorite taste portion.


 Next up was a Latin/Indian fusion restaurant.
I was intrigued by the Mango Dusted Fries and they did not disappoint. Very interesting combination of flavors that I really enjoyed.

A couple of Taste favorites, Crab Rangoon and Mustard Fried Catfish.
Smoke Daddy is a popular BBQ joint that I have long wanted to try, so I seized the chance.
Mini pulled chicken sandwich, so juicy!
So I'm pretty full at this point, but there is always room for ice cream.
This is the one and only Original Rainbow Cone, a Chicago favorite.  Having one is a tradition every time I visit the Taste.
And I couldn't leave without a photo op at Buckingham Fountain.

Dress - The Limited
Sandals - Target
Jessica Simpson Shades - Marshall's

Have any of my readers ever visited the Taste of Chicago?  If so, what was your favorite dish?

20 comments:

  1. Oh man I would love to go to Taste of Chicago it looks like so much fun!!! Looking at all of the food is making me hungry =) Btw I LOVE your outfit it's so casually classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Taste, I've been a few times. I wish i could have made it this year. I'm such a picky eater so I never really tried anything extra special. Love those sandals! and that dress looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!! I'm jealous! (and hungry!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa..ive never been but it sounds super cool

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! Love your army green dress and those sandals! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been dying to go for years!!! Everything you had looked delish, you looked cute while eating it too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're making me SO hungry! those fries look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm not even going to say "one of these years i'm going to go" b/c i've said it way too much. i'll just say looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will most def have to plan to take the trip just for The Taste!!!! Seem like good ole fashion fun & good EATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMMMM!! Everything looks delish! I am dying to taste that mustard fried catfish. And that rainbow cone! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. i used to love getting the shrimp on a stick but I try something new each time, like last time I had the collard green egg rolls...interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I grew up in Waukegan. When I was little my dad would take us to the taste and all I wanted was Elotes! Mexican corn is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never heard of it, but it really looks like fun!

    xoxo
    Stella

    http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks seriously yummy!!!
    now i'm hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of this looks so yummy and I'm starting to get hungry! I was actually born in Chicago, but haven't been back since I moved when I was a baby. But I'll definitely go to the Taste of Chicago if I visit in the summer at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have alwaysss wanted to go to the taste....I am so jealous that you are just a train ride away..

    jen
    http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! all of the food looks delish and mango dusted fries? yum!

    I am part taking in my first fitness competition so right now food is my eye candy...cannot wait to have treats like ice cream : )

    thanks for sharing and cant say ive been to Taste of Chicago but in Toronto we have taste of the Danforth...so many yummy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved The Taste. I would drive up every year when I lived in STL. Loving that Limited dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know all about this event and have always wanted to go. You are making me so hungry with this post. the food looks amazing! I may have to plan a trip to Chicago next year, just so that I can experience this!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll be going next year when I visit my cousin and his family. I hope I behave myself. Everything looks so good and I would've been soo bad!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...