Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Home - Bedroom

Some of you may remember what my bedroom was like before I moved. 
In my new apartment I kept the same theme and pieces, but scaled down a few things to accommodate a smaller space.


Curtains from Target and Anna's Linens.  Rug is from World Market.  Floor lamp and curtain rod from Ikea.  Duvet cover set is from Marshall's.


I found it a bit challenging to have such a small closet, but everything does fit.
This size closet forces me to constantly re-evaluate my wardrobe and shopping habits, making certain that I only have items that I absolutely love in there. 


The basket on the left holds clutches. 


I installed these small wall shelves from Target to display the tea cups I bought in Japan.


Paper lantern from CB2.


This purse is another purchase from Japan. 


Vase from Target.  Custom DIY Art - I bought a damaged blank canvas and covered it with fabric both on clearance at JoAnn's.


  Shelf is from Target that holds my jewelry in bins, sunglasses, a few books, poetry binders, and other odds and ends.  Platform bed and dresser from Dania Furniture.


Mirrors and chair from Ikea.  Cushion covers from CB2.


Scarves (love this multi-use hanger from Ikea) and belts hang on the back of the door.


My bedroom is very small, but it's cozy and comfortable and has everything I need.

Stay tuned for the rest of my home tour...
(See the Living room here)

20 comments:

  1. Makes me feel right at home... so cozy!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice and cozy. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have thought using material to make a pseudo headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE!!! I love your bedroom, very cute and cozy ... and quaint. LOVE the idea of having a basket for clutches. And great way to store your belts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and cozy bedroom. Love how you used the space! You have great taste Diva! I LOVE it!

    http://Full-FiguredDiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could really relax, relate and release in there! everything seems to bring out good energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! So warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. It's what I like...modern zen feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, love how warm and spacious it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just right for you Candice...I like it.

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh awesome decoration!! I love the colours around the bed area :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job...very eclectic...i see you 100%

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are like design twins. I have those little mirrors from ikea in my bedroom too. They're over my bed.

    Love your space.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you did an excellent job! i love the soft colors and the DIY art. i need to try that. art is soooo expensive.

    enter my giveaway for a fabulous bow skirt
    http://simplychic08.blogspot.com/2011/06/red-lips-red-bottoms-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah! Your room is so clean and neat and organized! I'm looking around my own bedroom right now and seething with envy...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool! Based on what I see of you from your blog, its very fitting ;) Real good look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the decorations!

    xoxo
    Stella

    www.jadore-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...