Thursday, August 12, 2010

Inside Sing'ature Style Closet

When you first open the closet door, my larger handbags are hanging on "door straps" purchased from Bed Bath & Beyond.
Some of my hats hanging on a wall rack and resting on push pins.


Directly beneth that is my "beauty station."



Top - Fashion Inspiration Picture Book, Jewelery storage bin from Target (earrings in drawer 1, bracelets in drawer 2, rings & small necklaces in drawer 3)
2nd Shelf - Larger necklaces in both storage boxes from JoAnn's
3rd Shelf - Clutches & smaller handbags
Floor - Misc shoes with no boxes
Clothes are organized, starting from right to left:
Sleeveless tops/tees/blouses/vests
Short sleeve tops/tees/blouses
Long sleeve tops/tees/blouses
Sweaters/cardigans/jackets/blazers

More clothes organized, from right to left:
Denim (jeans & skirts)
Casual & work slacks
Shorter skirts then longer skirts
And finally short sleeve, sleeveless & longer sleeve dresses


On the floor of the closet are black storage bins from Ikea that hold towels in one and my winter hats and scarves in the other.
The other side on the right, a wicker clothes hamper from Anna's Linens and out of season clothing storage tote from Target.
Most of the shoes are all kept in their original shoe box. I take a picture of every shoe I purchase and tape it to the outside of the box so I can always see what I have.

I keep each seasons shoes together.
Boots, sneakers and casual shoes are kept together.


More fedora's on the wall.


The rules for my closet are basically to use every inch of available space possible.
Organizing is key so I never forget what I have and nothing is lost and never worn for years.
And if I don't wear something for a year, it has to be donated.

12 comments:

  1. O.M.G. Can you please come to my house and help me organize my closet?? I have always sucked at this, and at any given moment you might enter a closet and find a pile of clothes right next to a pile of shoes....actually the shoe pile probably only has the left shoes, and the right shoes are probably under my bed LOL!!! :) Okay, I'm not that bad, but seriously, I need help. I am going to print this and use it to help me organize my closet in my new place!

    xoxo,
    Eboni Ife'
    The Fashionista Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a HUGE closet, oh i wish I had one halk that size!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your closet is awesome!

    windowshop78.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! this is a very nice closet girl..you have a lot of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kanye West does the same thing, taking a picture of the shoes and putting it on the boxes (although he really hires someone to do that for him and his boxes are clear)--a really great idea!

    --Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So organized. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I CANNOT believe what a closet you have!It's amazing and a whole room I'd say;)
    come follow http://rayabo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how well organized your closet is, especially the shoes. Kimora Lee Simmons does the same thing with her shoes - takes pictures before storing. I prefer storing in plastic boxes because once the original box gets damaged I have an OCD fit. It saddens me.

    I store all my shoes in plastic, tennis shoes in their original boxes b/c they're hard(er) to store in plastic, booties in plastic and boots usually stay piled in a box until I find storage to fit them. I admire your patience to picture catalog!

    Here's an idea of mine http://earstothefeet.blogspot.com/2010/08/change-gon-come.html#more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is my RULE too...I hate keep stuff in my closet of i havent used it for quite sometime. :))))

    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm having some serious closet envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! Please come and organize my closet!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...